Bunk beds are an essential addition to any cabin. Be it a family vacation home, a simple hunting cabin, or a high traffic summer camp, maximizing floor space by utilizing vertical space for sleeping quarters is always a good idea. Unless, of course, you have to sacrifice convenience, safety, or comfort in order to get that extra breathing room.
Traditional wooden cabin bunk beds may offer space-saving convenience, but they’re also heavy and difficult to move around, they may require complicated assembly, and they can be an ideal setting for a bed bug infestation. ESS’ metal bunks offer all the extra space a wooden cabin bunk bed can provide with none of the hassles.
Easily Assembled and Easily Moved
Assembling a wooden bunk bed can be a complicated mess, with a variety of different pieces and parts to deal with and a number of tools required. ESS metal bunk beds are designed to be as simple as possible to assemble, no springs and no headaches. You can potentially be done in less than 20 minutes.
But once you’ve completed your assembly, it’s likely that you won’t want to keep your cabin bunk bed where it is forever. Sometimes you need to rearrange, or stow a bed away. Moving a heavy wooden bunk bed, or even worse disassembling one, can be a serious headache. ESS metal bunk beds are more lightweight than a typical wooden bunk bed, and they take up less space so they’re not nearly as clunky or awkward to move around. Plus, they’re easier to break down and store than an average wooden bunk bed.
Durable and Pest Resistant
Wooden bunk beds are subject to cracking and breaking under stress, and they provide a warm place full of hard-to-spot crevices, which can be a haven for bed bug, termite, and rodent infestations. They may be cozy looking, but an unsafe bed that’s potentially full of bugs is not necessarily the comfiest place to spend the night.
ESS metal bunk bed frames are designed with industrial strength mesh panels that support up to 500 lbs. each, making them incredibly durable. Not only that, but the mesh panel design eliminates the need for a box spring, which makes ESS frames bed bug resistant. With nowhere warm for them to hide, and no wood for them to eat, you’re far less likely to deal with pests such as bed bugs, termites, and rodents with a metal cabin bunk bed.
There’s no way around it: comfort is crucial. In fact, comfort is so crucial that you may even be willing to deal with all the inconveniences and potential safety hazards that come with a wooden bunk bed provided it offered a level of superior comfort to you or your guest that a metal bunk bed could not. Well, with ESS’ metal bunk beds you don’t need to worry about discomfort. Our hypoallergenic mattresses are made of high-density foam that contours to your body, offering just as much, if not more, comfort than a wooden bunk bed.
ESS Universal Beds
- Dallas Single Metal Bed – Looking for a bed that stands up to anything? We’ve got it. The Dallas Single Metal Bed features an indestructible steel frame that holds up to 500 lbs. How does it work? Six box section cross members support a metal mesh panel.
- Dallas Single Over Single Bunk Bed – Arguably the toughest adult bunk bed on the market, featuring all tubes welded on all four sides stopping insects from entering the metal bunk bed frame; essentially making ESS bunk beds bed bug proof. The Dallas Single Over Single Bunk Bed, used around the globe, is the go-to choice for camps, university dorms, missions/shelters, employee housing, fire departments, law enforcement, government, and more.
- Dallas Single Over Double Bunk Bed – Is your organization family-friendly? The Dallas Single over Double Bunk Bed allows you to cater to adults with children. Your guests and children can sleep in one room without having to sleep on the floor.
- Dallas Triple Bunk Bed – This is one of the strongest triple-tier bunk beds in the world. Standing only slightly taller than our Dallas Single over Single, at 87 inches, the Dallas Triple allows you to increase your occupancy by 50 percent!
- Missouri Detachable Single over Single Bunk Bed – ESS brings perhaps the strongest and most stable Detachable Bunk Bed on the market. Here we combine the ultimate superiority in strength, with the ability to detach and create two single beds. The frames’ foot boards and end boards are even thicker than our Dallas Single over Single bunk bed. These additional strength-building features make this bunk bed the sturdiest option in our line-up. A great option if you’re looking for metal bunk beds that can be separated into single beds.
ESS Universal manufactures and supplies high-quality, cost-effective commercial grade beds, mattresses, and furniture to camps, hostels, shelters, dorms and more. View our entire line of furniture products including our popular waterproof foam mattress for institutional use, single metal bed frames, single over single bunk beds, single over double bunk beds, and triple bunk beds. Download our catalog for detailed information on our complete product line.